Bangkok is a city that never stops moving so don’t expect it to slow down for anyone! To make sure you go with the flow and find all the best spots for shopping, eating and experiencing the city the best way to travel is with a Bangkok local as your tour guide.
This tour of the weekday markets and malls of Bangkok will take you to all the best places in the city to get a bargain. Your guide, Namrata, will guide you through the cities best marketplaces to try your hand at negotiating. Remember that Thai shop keepers are masters of negotiation so you better bring your A-game. But don’t worry, as a Bangkok local Namrata will make sure you get what you’re looking for and cheap!
You’ll take in some of the cities best market places. The tour is completely customizable, just message Namrata and let her know where you want to explore.
Each and every spot has its own charm, speciality shops, and food (my god the food is good!).
Got somewhere else in mind? Message Namrata and customize your tour. Here are some great recommendations from her:
- Asiatique – The beautiful riverfront night market
- Customize tour according what you want to shop for and what you want to eat, make it your experience.
- Visit hidden weekday markets that open during office hours for shopping and street food.
- Experience how the locals get around like the canal taxi speed boat, the skytrain and MRT underground train, river boat, local bus, or taxi. No need to get lost.
- Learn the local Thai language to help get the local experience, there’s no better way to impress the locals.
- Get great bargains during shopping, and learn how to haggle with the best of them.
- Go shopping with a local, Namrata will help you stay away from scams.
How long will the tour take?
Take three hours to get a taste of what Bangkok has to offer. Need more time? Namrata will point you in the right direction at the end of your tour (local guides are the best!).
What should I bring/what is included?
Namrata’s local expertise is included. You should bring enough cash for your shopping (if there is such a thing) and for a snack because food is a must do in Bangkok. A bit of walking is involved so make sure you have comfortable shoes.
The cost of transport is not included.
About your Bangkok local tour guide
I got my undergraduate degree in marketing from America, and studied in an international school in Bangkok. I was born and raised in Bangkok so I’m a true local. I’m multilingual, I can speak English, Hindi and Thai so you’ll be able to haggle all you want with my help!
Where do we meet our Bangkok local tour guide?
Super Rich Money Exchange, 233 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand.
Looking for easier directions?
Head to Asoke BTS Station in Bangkok and meet in front of the Super Rich Money Exchange.
Namrata will contact you with a confirmation of details on where to meet her 24 hours before your tour.